Search 2.0

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Amazing Spider Man

I'm not a big fan of mindless action pictures, particularly those based on comic book heroes. I did enjoy Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, the second Spider-Man feature and the first Iron Man installment, but that's about it.

However, the latest installment of Spider Man shows some promise. But then it was directed by Mark Webb whose lovingly whimsical (500) Days of Summer caught me completely by surprise and written by Steve Kloves, the writer who produced the screenplays for Racing With the Moon, The Fabulous Baker Boys, Wonder Boys and all the Harry Potter films.

I also liked the lines "You think I'm a cop, dressed in a skin tight red and blue suit" and "38 of New York's finest against a man in a unitard."

I must also admit I have a soft spot for Emma Stone and it appears Andrew Garfield can pull off the title role. Plus, look at the rest of the cast: Martin Sheen, Rhys Ifans, Sally Field, Dennis Leary, Campbell Scott.

It just might work.

No comments: