Search 2.0

Saturday, May 29, 2010

How weird is this?

I went to bed around 2 this morning with my mind wrapped around an image of the great love of my life silhouetted against an open doorway. I awoke about 90 minutes later with a minor cramp in my right leg and wondering what had become of Chris Evert. After walking off the cramp and drinking copious amounts of ice water, I went back to sleep and had a dream in which I was the only passenger on a DART bus that was driven by a non-DART employee (who was a stranger to me) who had decided it would be a great idea to spend some time at the lake in Aubrey, Texas (I'm not exactly sure where Aubrey is or whether it even has a lake). When the bus stopped for a red light, the driver decided to get out momentarily. I gazed out the window and spotted former Dallas City Council member Ed Oakley sitting rather forlornly on a park bench. I waved but he simply stared back with a glazed look in his eyes. I said to myself that I guess he didn't recognize me. When the light turned green, the bus started moving again even though the driver hadn't returned. I decided it might be a good idea to slip behind the wheel and when the bus came to the next major intersection I managed to turn it around in a parking lot. I began driving the bus back to the intersection where the driver had gotten off and as I approached it, I saw the driver waiting by the side of the road. That was the end of the dream.

OK, you Freudians out there, explain all that to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't take a Freudian to decipher this. You need to skip the margaritas before hitting the hay!