Search 2.0

Thursday, July 16, 2015

I have a hunch this movie is going to be a whopping success


American Hustle and Silver Linings Playbook were among my favorite films of the last five years and this reunites many of the principle talents responsible for the success, both critically and financially, of those two films. I was doubly pleased to see Virginia Madsen, one of my favorite under-utilized actresses, listed among the credits. She was magnificent in Sideways, a role that I was hoping would resurrect her career. But that was more than a decade ago and since then she has disappeared yet again. Here's hoping Joy gives her the boost she really deserves.

By the way, if you're wondering who this Joy person is that Jennifer Lawrence plays, she's Joy Mangano, the inventor of the self-wringing Miracle Mop, Huggable Hangers and a number of other gadgets. If you ever watch the Home Shopping Network, you've probably seen her.

No comments: