Search 2.0

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Aggies could easily reach title game

I don’t know if anyone could have been more off-target than I in my original predictions for this year’s NCAA basketball tournament. But the great thing about this I can call a Mulligan. Why? Because I make up the rules as I go along, that’s why.

So now we’re down to the Sweet 16 where the right side of the bracket looks fairly normal (I can see a first and a second seed in the final four there) while the left side is a mess (where the final four could see seventh seed play a five, with the No. 7 winning it all to advance to the title game). In fact, I will go so far as to state the winner of tomorrow night’s Texas A&M/Michigan game stands a real good chance to face Villanova in the April 2 title game.

So without further adieu, here is my revised Elite Eight: Kentucky, Nevada, Gonzaga, Texas A&M, Villanova, Purdue, Kansas and Duke. From that group, the Final Four will be Kentucky, Texas A&M, Villanova and Duke with Villanova ultimately defeating A&M to the win the title.

No comments: