So, having said that, my feelings from watching yesterday's Texas-OU contest are:
- Overall, a rather boring game.
- I didn't get the feeling that Texas defeated OU, only that the Longhorns were ahead when time ran out.
- Keeping OU to a minus 16 yards rushing was an astounding achievement and probably contributed more to the final score than any other factor.
- Colt McCoy's chances of winning the Heisman Trophy are zero.
- I salute the Oklahoma brain trust that came up with the defensive game plan and the OU athletes that executed that plan.
- Neither Florida nor Tim Tebow impressed me that much yesterday and I agree with the AP for putting Alabama at the top of its poll. Right now I consider the race for the Heisman wide open with no clear leader.
- Alabama looked efficient, but really not that dominant against South Carolina. It did not come across as a great college football team, only as the best one out there right now.
- Last night's Yankees-Angels baseball game was a classic thriller. If New York can win one in California, which it should, this series should be over in six games.
- I'll give you Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, because after watching today's Saints-Giants game, I'll take Drew Brees as my starting quarterback any day.