Search 2.0

Thursday, June 2, 2011

I’ve got a bigger bet on the Mavs than the guv

What’s this? Gov. Hair is betting a case of barbecue sauce on the Mavs? (Of course, the cheapskate governor of Florida Rick Scott is only putting up a measly key lime pie.) C’mon, guys? What kind of chicken-hearted bet is this? At least I’m wagering a steak dinner with my South Florida correspondent. Well, not exactly. You see, we wagered a steak dinner in 2006 and I have yet to pay up — I’m using the excuse that he refuses to come back to Texas where one can get a much better steak than in Florida (which considers Outback as the top of the class). As I understand our bet this time around (I was heavily sedated because of my excitement over the Oklahoma City series when I made the bet) we’re still having the steak dinner, but we’ll be going dutch. Or something like that.

But, the devil with the details, at least there’s a steak involved and we’re talking about a 3 Forks or a Bob’s or a Al Biernat’s-level steak here and not some rinky-dink barbecue sauce.

Of course, even our steak bet doesn’t measure up to this one.

No comments: