Search 2.0

Friday, June 10, 2011

This should keep the intruders out

Herman Cain
I don’t know how familiar you are with Herman Cain, but a lot of people who don’t have their heads screwed on straight are becoming enamored of this guy who is running for the Republican nomination for President. When he officially announced his candidacy last month, he declared:
“We don't need to rewrite the Constitution of the United States of America; we need to reread the Constitution, and enforce the Constitution... I know that there are some people that are not going to do that, so for the benefit of those who are not going to read it because they don't want us to go by the Constitution, there’s a little section in there that talks about ‘life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.’”
No there isn’t.

Now you would think that the former head of Godfather’s Pizza, or at least one of his handlers, would have been able to tell him the phrase “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness” is found in the Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution.

But that’s nothing compared to his latest plan. He wants to build a Great Wall of China along the U.S./Mexico border and on the U.S. side, dig a moat and fill it with alligators. Don’t believe me. Then watch this. And, if you don’t want to watch it, you can read the transcript:
“I just got back from China. Ever heard of the Great Wall of China? It looks pretty sturdy. And that sucker is real high. I think we can build one if we want to! We have put a man on the moon, we can build a fence! Now, my fence might be part Great Wall and part electrical technology...It will be a twenty foot wall, barbed wire, electrified on the top, and on this side of the fence, I’ll have that moat that President Obama talked about. And I would put those alligators in that moat!”

1 comment:

Donna Diorio, IsraelWatcher said...

Many people are across the world have also been up in arms about the wall Israel built, but the wall has done exactly what it was built to do: keep the suicide bombers on their own side of it.

My head is screwed on quite solidly, thank you, but Herman Cain is someone I do notice to as a potential candidate. Not my first choice because I just don't know enough about him, but what I've heard on how he stands I like.

We could not do worse than Obama, of that I am sure. He may turn out to the worst president we have ever had.