Search 2.0

Monday, December 22, 2008

How about dem Cowboys

The Dallas Cowboys, if they can find a way to defeat the Eagles in Philadelphia next Sunday, can still have the opportunity to lose another first round playoff game. For some reason, the possibility doesn't excite me all that much.

I guess it's because that everything about Saturday night's game against Baltimore was so dreadful, from the play of the overrated Tony Romo to the embarrasing telecast offered up by the NFL Network and finally the post-game "Goodbye to Texas Stadium" that came across like a poor junior high school play.

Will I watch the Cowboys-Eagles game next Sunday afternoon? Dunno yet. Depends on the possible alternatives. Yesterday afternoon I went to see "Slumdog Millionaire" and I would definitely rank that movie ahead of the majority of Cowboy games I've seen this season. Then last night I watched the second half of the Giants-Panthers game and kept wondering why the Cowboys can't play up to that level.

Besides I think the Eagles, who chances at making the playoffs are smaller than the Cowboys', will want to take great delight in making sure Terrell Owens and the rest of the team Philly loves to hate don't make the playoffs. What's more, the jobs of two head coaches may be on the line in this game, as well they should be.

Which makes me wonder -- what does anyone else think about the idea of trying to attract Mike Holmgren as the Cowboys' head coach?

No comments: