Search 2.0

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Wells picks "Che" as year's best

Respected industry blogger Jeffrey Wells of Hollywood Elsewhere has picked Steven Soderberg's epic "Che" as the best film of 2008. The rest of his year's best films are: 2. Man on Wire; 3. Revolutionary Road; 4. The Visitor; 5. WALL-E; 6. Doubt; 7. Three Monkeys; 8. Slumdog Millionaire; 9. Nothing But the Truth; 10. The Dark Knight; 11. Stranded: I've Come From a Plane That Crashed on the Mountains; 12. Milk; 13. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button; 14. Frost/Nixon' 15. The Wrestler; 16. W. Wells said he has still not seen all of this year's worthwhile films, including "Gran Torino," which he admitted could slip into his year's best list.

I have yet to see many of the films on Wells' list but two of my top 3 for this year so far are "Man on Wire" and "WALL-E," so I am pleased he has those two high on his list. I liked "The Visitor" a lot, but I think Wells has let Richard Jenkins' incredible performance in that film overshadow his opinion of the movie as a whole and I firmly believe he has grossly overrated "W."

My selections for the best films of the year should be coming in about a month.

No comments: