Search 2.0

Saturday, May 23, 2009

I'm smelling a couple of upsets

I know the NBA front office is drooling over the possibility of promoting a Kobe vs. Labron NBA finals, but I hope they'll be satisfied with Melo vs. Dwight as an alternatives, because that's the way I see the conference finals leaning.

In spite of LaBron James last second heroics to win Game 2, the Cleveland Cavaliers will be heading to Orlando only tied 1-1 and without the home court advantage. The way the Magic have played Cleveland, I can see the boys from Florida going back to Cleveland up 3-1 with the series all but locked up. Cleveland, obviously, has the best player on the court in these games, but Orlando seems to have the better overall team. And don't forget, Orlando won the regular season series with the Cavaliers.

The same thing is true out West where the Lakers have shown the world they are the taller team, but Denver has shown the world it is the better team. If it wasn't for some absolutely horrific foul shooting in Game 1, the Nuggets would actually be up 2-0, not tied 1-1, and headed for an amazing sweep of L.A. The Lakers' only hope of pulling out a game in Denver is if Sasha Vujacic missed the Lakers flight or if he's denied entry into the team's locker room. And I hate to say it but, even though he has made some spectacular crucial three's, Derek Fisher has been, overall, an offensive liability for the Lakers. I also think Nuggets coach George Karl is the smartest, craftiest coach still in the playoffs.

So based on what I've seen the first four games of these conference finals, I think it's going to be the Denver Nuggets vs. the Orlando Magic in the NBA finals.

1 comment:

Home Based Business said...

I'm really pulling for Lebron-Kobe because I think that they are the best 2 players in the league. Dwight-Melo would be fun but the Lakers-Cavs would match the 2 best teams and the 2 best players.

I think that the Cavs take 1 or 2 down in Orlando. They are an excellent road team and should be able to shore up their defense, which has been poor so far in this series. I also see Mo Williams and Delonte West getting out of their shooting slump.

Out West I think that the Lakers may come up short. Melo has only been bested by Lebron and perhaps Kobe in this year's play-off's and Billups is a tested and talented vet. Denver, is young, athletic, and hungry, and George Karl's lose coaching style compliments their age and style of play perfectly.