Search 2.0

Saturday, May 23, 2009

My pick for the surprise movie hit of the summer


I'm going with The Proposal which stars (of all people) Sandra Bullock as a hard-nosed book editor who, when suddenly faced with deportation to Canada, forces her beleaguered assistant to marry her. Maybe it's because I've always had a fondness for Ms Bullock ever since I ran into her in a Austin nightclub over a decade ago, got up the nerve to ask her to dance and she accepted gleefully. I am also rooting for her because she hasn't had a hit film since 2002 when Two Weeks Notice had nearly $200 million in worldwide box office receipts. The trailer also looks positive (I loved Betty White's "It's like an Easter egg hunt" line -- you have to see it in the context of the trailer), but, then, I guess all trailers do.

No comments: