Search 2.0

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Can you picture her with a dragon tattoo?

It appears Rooney Mara is now the favorite to play the the title character in The Girl trilogy beginning with The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. From what I'm hearing she's director David Fincher's top choice. I don't know that much about her except that she had a part in Youth in Revolt, but she certainly didn't stand out to me in that film. The problem with her becoming Yne Girl is the studio wants a bigger name. It's pushing for Natalie Portman, who, to me anyway, is about a foot too tall for the part. In the books, Liz Salander is under five feet tall. A final decision is expected by the end of the week.

1 comment:

Sybil said...

I thought Ellen Page would have been an ideal choice, but the girl in the Swedish version was PERFECT. Why do Americans think they have to remake a film that was great the first time? Too lazy to read subtitles?