Search 2.0

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Gosselin's Greatest

Rick Gosselin, arguably the finest reporter covering the NFL these days, is offering, courtesy of the Dallas Morning News, his choices of the 10 greatest running backs in the history of the NFL. Since everyone, including yours truly, is a sucker for ranked lists, I was immediately attracted to Gosselin's. Trouble is, there isn't really a listing, just a picture gallery. At the risk of misinterpreting The Great One, here is my take on Gosselin's list:

1. Jim Brown
2.  Barry Sanders
3.  Gayle Sayers
4.  O.J. Simpson
5.  Walter Peyton
6.  Eriic Dickerson
7.  Emmit Smith
8.  Earl Campbell
9.  Marcus Allen
10. Marshall Falk

I have no arguments with the list, except that I might want to switch numbers seven and eight.

Update: After going through this exercise, I discovered exactly where Gosselin (or perhaps the editors of the News' picture galleries) identified each photo. So now my listing here serves as a quick guide for those who don't want to navigate the entire slide show, which offers a pair of pictures for each candidate.

No comments: