Search 2.0

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I aged, Patricia Neal never did

I always admired Patricia Neal, who died earlier this week, as a superb actress, but, even more than that, a strong woman who overcame more tragedies than should befall one person. However, when Hud, the movie for which she won her Oscar, was released the year I turned 21 I questioned why Paul Newman's title character lusted after this housekeeper, especially with all the other fine babes that appeared to be at his disposable.

After I learned of Miss Neal's death, I went back and rewatched Hud and I understood Newman's motivations entirely. Neal's Alma Brown character was an independent and intelligent woman and those two characteristics are extremely erotic. More than that, I can see now that she was HOT!!!!!

No comments: