Search 2.0

Monday, March 14, 2011

Criteria for reviewing films on this journal

  • All the films reviewed here are ones I recommend. I don't want to waste my time or yours talking about a DVD that isn't worth a rental.
  • They are all films that have somehow, someway, slipped through the cracks. Either they were only in limited release or they just stagnated at the box office. Whatever the reason, they did not garner the big bucks from the movie going public.

As a result, you won't see a review of Annette Bening in The Kids Are All Right, but you will see a review of Annette Bening in Mother and Child. I won't feature James Franco in 127 Hours, but I will in Howl. So don't expect to see reviews of Black Swan, The King's Speech or True Grit on here when they become available on DVD (and for those who want to know, True Grit comes out June 7). Anyone reading this has either seen them already or has read enough about them to form an opinion without any help from me. But do expect to see recommendations for the likes of The Four Lions, Waste Land and A Film Unfinished in the upcoming weeks.

No comments: