Search 2.0

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

An inspiring story about a former colleague

Colleen
Nelson
When I was the Public Information Officer for the City of Dallas, Colleen McCain Nelson was one of the two City Hall reporters employed by the Dallas Morning News. She was a superb reporter, who always had her facts straight. But I remember her most for her knowledge of basketball. Specifically college basketball. Even more specifically, University of Kansas basketball. She was a UK graduate and an intensely loyal Jayhawk fan. She was also more knowledgeable than most about the game.

I didn’t get to keep much in contact with her after she left the City Hall beat. But I really did miss our conversations about basketball.

Then today I ran across this inspiring story about Colleen, a story that made me realize how little we really know about the people we call working colleagues.

1 comment:

Addisonfan said...

UK is University of Kentucky
KU is Kansas
Rock Chalk Jayhawk