Search 2.0

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mayor Mike makes me mad

I was sitting in the drive-through deposit lane at the bank this morning, listening on the car radio to the Dallas City Council’s morning speakers, when Mayor Mike decided to chime in after one presenter spoke on the topic of redistricting. MM said he was planning on calling a special council session on redistricting for 10 a.m. Saturday September 24.

Mayor Mike
As the smoke began coming out of my ears, my first thought was "This jerk doesn’t have the cajones to call a meeting for 10 a.m. on a Sunday. Wouldn’t want to offend all those who attend Gov. Hair’s Houston pep rallies. But it’s certainly OK to offend every Jew in the city and most of the Seventh Day Adventists. They don’t count anyway."

My second thought was if this guy or this lady or even this one were still on the council, the matzo would have really hit the fan. MM would have had to scramble to get out of council chambers with, to paraphrase Robert Johnson, the hellhounds on his tail.

Then, after making sure he offended all the Jews in the city, he took on the Fourth Estate. "Meeting on a Saturday means the media will have to work on a weekend." What does this idiot think: that little elves produce his Sunday and Monday newspapers?

I guess I should have seen this lunacy coming; it’s one the many reasons I didn’t vote for the man (but then I thought all the mayoral candidates this time around were seriously flawed and didn’t vote for any of them). But I was hoping I could maintain a modicum of respect for the man for more than just a couple of weeks into his four-year term. So much for hope. I just wonder what the Jewish media thinks of the guy.

As it turns out, more tolerant heads prevailed and, as of this moment, I don’t think an actual date or time has been set for the council’s redistricting meeting.

No comments: