Search 2.0

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

No. 1 on my Must See list

Alexander Payne
Everyone has their own choices, but if you asked me what movie I’m most looking forward to seeing, it would have to be this one. I say this for a couple of reasons. First: I’m a big fan of writer/director Alexander Payne. His Sideways was not only the best movie the year it was released, it was the best movie of the first decade of this century. His Election is an underrated masterpiece and About Schmidt is an absolute gem. Second: I’m going to come out of the closet and admit I’m also partial to movies starring George Clooney. The man is an excellent actor (right now he’s the favorite to win the best actor Oscar for this role) and he has an overpowering screen presence. He’s the first "movie star" since the days of Humphrey Bogart, Clark Gable, Cary Grant, et al. Yep, there’s not another film on the horizon I’m more anxious to see.

No comments: