Search 2.0

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Does this mean we'll finally get the NFL Channel

Not that I'm holding my breath, or anything. I know this is probably sacrilege in football-crazy Dallas, Texas, but I can get along very well without the NFL Channel. Just don't deprive me of the Fox Soccer Channel, especially with the Manchester United-Chelsea match for the European Championship on the horizon. First time in history, two English football (that's right, football) teams are meeting for the title.

But I'm getting a little off the main subject, here. When I first heard about this, being that Time Warner Cable is the provider of cable television service to much of the civilized world hereabouts, I was worried the result might be a reduction in service in some ways. But the interesting part of this report, to me, was in the last paragraph that suggests this was another case of the corporate tail wagging the dog.

I'm feeling a little better about this whole deal.

No comments: