Search 2.0

Friday, May 2, 2008

When suddenly all hell broke loose

It probably didn't help that I was watching a documentary about the Japanese conquest of Nanking in 1937 when I heard the faint sound of popping outside my door and the dog started barking. By the time I got to my front door, the explosions were plentiful. I went outside and saw the dark eastern sky brightened by fireworks. Then I heard cheering, as though a town was being liberated and chimes ringing out.

I started go head back for my front door, when the fireworks display started again. I could tell now all this was coming from the grounds of Richland College which sits directly to the east of the townhome development I call home. By the time I got to a clearing where I had a view of the campus, the fireworks had stopped.

It's times like these that the Internet comes in very handy. I Googled Richland College and learned that if I clicked on a link I could watch the schools graduation live. I figured I had already watched as much of it live as I cared to.

As I write this, peace has returned to the neighborhood.

No comments: