Search 2.0

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Paris Hilton becomes relevant

I did not see John McCain's original attack ad in which the presumptive Republican presidential nominee accused his Democratic counterpart, Barach Obama, of being nothing more than a "celebrity" -- comparing Obama to Paris Hilton and Britney Spears -- thus, unfit to be President. I did hear a lot of folks, including many McCain supporters, said the ad crossed the line. Whatever.

But I did see this one produced by the folks at a Web site called "Funny or Die" (unknown to me before this episode but which is now bookmarked) in which Paris Hilton cleverly responds to the McCain ad. It is worth watching.

OK, we've got the Democrats, the Republicans, the Greens and the Libertarians. We need to start a party for Paris Hilton. (No, not that kind of party; I'm talking about a political party. But now that you've mentioned it, that kind of party could be fun, too.) One of the first steps is to announce the site of Paris' Party's national nominating convention. I'm volunteering my house. If not for the convention then perhaps for that other kind of party. Whatever

No comments: