Search 2.0

Friday, March 26, 2010

Random Thoughts

I must have been one of the last to receive the bulletin regarding the NFL's Almost Sudden Death format during playoff games that means that if a team wins the coin toss at the start of sudden death and scores a field goal on its first possession, sudden death begins after that field goal is kicked. I have absolutely no problems with this, but I wonder why it's just being installed for playoff games and not all contests.

I have already said I don't like the Dallas Mavericks' playoff prospects against either Denver or Utah in which those two teams have the home-court advantage. Now I'll add Portland to that list, regardless of where the games are played. A couple of years ago it was Golden State that had the Mavs' number. This year the Trailblazers do.

Sandra Bullock is behaving with a lot of class these days.

I will never -- ever -- forgive John McCain for elevating Sarah Palin from obscurity.

Can anyone see a team other than Kentucky winning the men's NCAA basketball championship?

If the St. Louis Rams draft Oklahoma's Sam Bradford with the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft, it won't be long before the Rams have the best quarterback of any team in the NFC West.

No comments: