Search 2.0

Monday, April 26, 2010

Mulligan to get "Tattoo"

I'm hearing that Carey Mulligan, the Oscar-nominated actress from An Education, is the leading candidate to play Lisbeth Salander in the director David Fincher's English-language version of Stieg Larsson's popular novel The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, an engrossing thriller I am currently reading. It also appears that Brad Pitt is the leading candidate to play the financial reporter who joins with Salander to solve the 40-year-old mystery of a missing heiress. Personally, I think both are excellent choices. The question is whether the book's sequel, The Girl Who Played with Fire, which may even be more popular than the first book, be filmed with Mulligan as well.

1 comment:

Ted McLaughlin said...

I've been thinking about this for a couple of days, and I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you. Somehow, I just can't picture the dark and brooding character of Lisbeth Salander with dimples. And Brad Pitt? It looks like my fears are being justified. Hollywood is going to screw up a great book (or trilogy of books) like they have done many times in the past. Personally, I would just like to have the opportunity to see the Swedish film made from the book.