Search 2.0

Friday, February 15, 2008

Post Valentine's Day romantic advice from the last person in the world who should be handing out romantic advice

Truth of the matter here, I'm really not the one who originated this advice. I'm just the messenger passing it along. It comes courtesy of Marc Hirsch, a contributor to MSNBC.

According to those who know about such things, there are five stages of grief: denial, bargaining, anger, depression and acceptance. So what Mr. Hirsch came up with are five songs that could serve as the theme songs, so to speak, for each of these stages. They are designed for someone who's just broken up with the love of their life. Here they are:

Denial: "And I"m Telling You I'm Not Going" from "Dreamgirls"
Bargaining: "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" by The Temptations
Anger: "Go Your Own Way" by Fleetwood Mac
Depression: "Without You" by Harry Nilsson (I might have gone with "Guilty" by Randy Newman)
Acceptance: "You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go" by Bob Dylan (I might prefer Dylan's "If I Had To Do It All Over Again, I'd Do It All Over You," which probably proves once again I'm the last person to be handing out advice like this).

No comments: