Search 2.0

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thursday Texas Trivia Fun

These days Kirk Dooley writes a column about the personalities, the places and and the legacies involving the Park Cities for Dallas' only daily. Knowing Kirk's reputation, I imagine he's also involved in other creative things as well, but I don't know for certain what they are.

I had the good fortune to meet Kirk about 27 years ago and I quickly realized he was one of the best "idea" individuals I had ever run across. I don't know how many of you remember Texas Taxis which were Cadillac convertibles with faux longhorns attached to their front fenders. That was his idea. He also helped create the Park Cities People newspaper and another publication called the Homesick Texan which sent news of interest about that was going on in the Lone Star State that couldn't be found anywhere else to those living far outside its borders.

At the height of the Trivia board game fad 20 years ago, Kirk conceived of, developed and marketed a game called Texas Trivia. I probably still have a copy of it tucked away in some overly littered closet in my overly littered house.

I was thinking about Kirk and Texas Trivia when I ran across this Texas trivia quiz. I only got 68 percent correct on the quiz. I'm willing to bet Kirk would score a whole lot higher. Probably most of you will too.

No comments: