Search 2.0

Thursday, February 7, 2008

A vote that means something

Forget about next month's primaries, the important election is going on right now and you've got until noon Monday to cast your vote. I'm talking, of course, about what our state license plates are going to look like. The Texas Department of Transportation proposed five different designs, but, like the Democratic presidential race, it's basically down to two candidates. In the runner-up spot is something called Natural Texas (I voted for that one. Hint. Hint.) that has a faded image of a field of bluebonnets as its background. In first place is something called Lone Star Texas that was not as bad as I originally thought when I looked at a larger image of it. At first I was put off by this blood-red swath in the upper left corner so I never noticed what looks like the Davis or Guadalupe Mountains at the bottom of the plate. I could live with either one of these two. The last time I checked Natural Texas had 220,304 votes and Lone Star Texas had 343,451. Anyway, if you want to make your voice heard on this important issue, simply click right here.

No comments: