Search 2.0

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Davis surprises me by swamping Price

It's only a little after 8 p.m. and I only see the results from early voting, but I'm calling the the District 7 race for incumbent Carolyn Davis. It appears the Ragsdale machine has turned out the votes for Ms. Davis who will continue to be an embarrassment the city must bear for another two years. Early voting was more than 2-to-1 for Davis over Ron Price. I know I'm repeating myself, but I must agree with Dallas Morning News columnist Steve Blow when he wrote last month that no matter which candidate won this race, "District 7 loses." I must admit, however, that I'm surprised by the margin of Davis' victory.

I guess I should look on the bright side. You could say the only comedy show at City Hall is when Ms. Davis, as his her custom, shows up 20 minutes late to city council committee meetings and then asks questions that wouldn't have needed to ask had she (1) been on time and (2) had the intelligence to understand the subject in the first place.

The District 1 race right now is too close to call with Delia Jasso, the favorite and the hand-picked choice of the Garcia family, having only a 73-vote lead over Justin Epker, who's sure to shout voter fraud. Epker, I'm convinced, was relying more on election day voters than early voters anyway.

No comments: