Search 2.0

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Good night, Farrah

While most of the world will remember Farrah Fawcett for "Charlie's Angels," my memories of her are as a fellow student at the University of Texas. I didn't know Farrah well; to be honest, I didn't know her at all. But like approximately 10,000 other red-blooded males at the school I admired her from afar. Mainly I remember walking south on the west side of the Drag after leaving the old J Building and seeing her crossing Guadalupe at the mall. She usually wore white jeans. No one else wore white jeans back then; she was the first. Her hair was in a beehive back then -- not the shaggy mane that became such an important part of her "star" image -- and she was so beautiful she would stop you in your tracks. Farrah died today, but she will always live in my memories as that leggy UT coed in the white jeans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I thought I remembered you telling me many moons ago that you went to school with Farrah.

The editorial board over at the paper are debating on their blog whether they need to mention her passing. (Jeez! are we that old?)

I suggested they tap you. Obviously they need to tap someone who realizes she was a big deal to our generation.