Search 2.0

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Randrom thoughts while perusing today's news

Is this a crime story or a geography lesson? From the AP: "A Dutch man long suspected in the disappearance of an Alabama teen in Aruba was arrested Thursday in Chile for the murder of a young woman in Peru."

Here's one reason I would never vote for Fred Dalton Thompson. He's in town tonight to sign copies of his book over at the Borders in Preston Royal. Doesn't he know the NBA Finals begin tonight? And there's probably a rerun on Law & Order somewhere as well.

The news of David Dillion's death was saddening. First, it reminded me of my own mortality and, second, I hired him at the Dallas Morning News while I was the entertainment editor.

Here's a real shocker from the Dallas Morning News: "The final meeting of a special City Council committee set up to examine two no-bid contracts at Love Field left members largely unmoved from positions they had staked out when they set up the committee in late April." What else did anyone expect? When was the last time you heard a politician say: "You know what, I've been wrong all this time."? I'm betting you're never likely to hear it.

No comments: