Search 2.0

Monday, June 28, 2010

A weak defense

There is the classic movie scene in which the wife arrives home unexpectedly and discovers her husband in bed with another woman. The husband grabs a sheet around him and says pleadingly to his wife: "Honey, it's not what you think. Who are you going to believe: me or your own eyes?"

That scene came to me this morning when I read Kevin Sherrington's essay in the Dallas Morning News about why the Texas Rangers should still pursue Houston Astros pitcher Roy Oswalt. Last night, for reasons that need not be explained or excused, I found myself in an Uptown frozen yogurt joint, one of those with plasma TV screens hanging on every conceivable wall space, and watched Oswalt being shelled by the Rangers. I thought to myself at the time it was one of the worst job interviews ever.

No comments: