Search 2.0

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Beautiful Texas land up for sale - a steal at $54 million

I don't know if I have an absolute favorite drive in Texas, but the Davis Loop, if not No. 1, is very close to the top. The Loop begins and ends in Fort Davis, winds through the Davis Mountains and it takes you right by the McDonald Observatory and Sawtooth Mountain (pictured here as seen from the Davis Loop road). Right before you get to this point on the loop, on the western side of the road, is The Rockpile Ranch, which I just learned from my intrepid South Florida Correspondent, is up for sale at the dirt cheap price of $54 million. As my SFC hinted in his note to me, a savvy investor could make that amount back quickly allowing the ranch to be used as a setting for film production. No matter, click on the link to see some of the most beautiful scenery to be found in the state.

No comments: