Listening to Bale accept his award speaking in his normal accent drove it all home again. Other things I learned from watching the Globes telecast were:
- I probably need to see an episode or two or three of Glee on television one of these days.
- For the the second consecutive year, the best picture Oscar is actually going to go to the best picture.
- Colin Firth is a shoo-in for best actor.
- I got distracted and didn't catch either Robert Downey Jr.'s bit or Anette Bening's acceptance speech, both of which, from the little I did see, seemed to be show highlights.
- Ricky Gervais is today's answer to Don Rickles, but lacks both Rickles's sharpness and the hilarity he could provoke. Rickles, at his best, could make me laugh so hard my sides would hurt. I find Gervais somewhat and sometimes mildly amusing.
- Jane Fonda looked great but Robert DeNiro's acceptance of the Cecile B. DeMille award was embarrassing.
- The Globes telecast just ain't the same without Jack.
- The Hollywood Foreign Press hasn't realized that Megan Fox's 15 minutes ended at least 15 minutes ago.