Search 2.0

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Kunkle for Mayor?

The Dallas Observer's Robert Wilonsky talked to former police chief David Kunkle today and Kunkle told him he is seriously considering a run for mayor. Kunkle said he would decide within the week.

I had never thought of a "Mayor Kunkle" before I read this, but the more I think about it, the more sense it makes. Of all the candidates who have announced or whose names have ricocheted around the media walls, Kunkle's is the one I find most appealing. Kunkle turned things around at the Dallas Police Department and, when it comes down to it, the mayor of Dallas is nothing more than a glorified traffic cop anyway. Besides, his spouse is one bright individual who already knows her way around City Hall.

Mayor Kunkle? I like the sound of that.

No comments: