Search 2.0

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Calendars? What calendars? And what about those water bill envelopes?


The Dallas Mornings News' City Hall blog contained an item today about the City's latest calendars including a whole bunch of holidays but not Easter. OK, that's not my issue. My issue is two fold:

1. Are these calendars just coming out? Isn't the last part of March somewhat late in the year to be publishing a calendar? But that question pales in comparison to

2. The blog's entry begins: "Each year, Dallas City Hall publishes a handsome, glossy calendar distributed free to residents." WHAT????? I have been a Dallas resident for 40 years now and not once -- NOT ONCE -- has a handsome, glossy calendar been distributed by Dallas City Hall to me.

Has anyone else been slighted in the distribution of these calendars?

And while I'm on the subject of the City's distribution policies, what the hell happened to the notion of including envelopes with which to return the monthly payments to Dallas Water Utilities? Used to be the monthly water bill included such envelopes, but since the city switched to bills that fit in a No. 10 envelope, no return envelopes have been included. What gives?

I want my calendar and I want my envelopes and I want them now!!!!

No comments: