Search 2.0

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Collins remembers the Alamo


Probably because people are forgetting him.

UPDATE: Just read the following note I received from Donna Diorio with whom I worked a hundred or so years ago (she was one of the area's better -- and certainly better looking -- rock journalists):

"Interesting. I remember going several days to the old Dallas Convention Center watching Genesis rehearse for their U.S. tour right after Collins came out from behind the drums. I think this is right - I didn't know that band before my record store boss closed down his store, filled an ice cooler with beer (he didn't drink) and drug me along as 'bait' to get access to the rehearsals. Hey, it worked and we watched the rehearsals for a couple days. He was in hog heaven, as they say. :-)."

For those of you not familiar with the term "record store," that was a joint, usually locally owned, where music afficianados hung out to listen to and purchase 45s and LPs. For those of you not familiar with the terms "45s" and "LPs, " well, then, why are you even reading this because that means you probably have no idea who Phil Collins is either.

No comments: