Search 2.0

Monday, March 16, 2009

The Lions, or whichever team drafts Matthew Stafford, gotta love this


The following quote comes from Highland Park-U of Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford, courtesy of NFL guru Rich Gosselin:

"It's really about football. When it comes down to it, my marketing guy, my agent, my financial people all work for me. If I want to get (the contract) done, we can get it done. It's important for me to get into camp because I want to play football as soon as I possibly can. That's what it's always been about for me -- and that's what it will always be about. It's important for me to get into camp, working with the guys and trying to get as ready as possible."
And frankly, I don't care what Don Banks of SI.com thinks, I still think the Lions will (and should) take Stafford with the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft.

No comments: