Search 2.0

Sunday, March 1, 2009

What, me worry?

The Dallas City Council's Trinity River Corridor Project Committee is scheduled to be presented with this briefing --an update on the Trinity River Parkway (why they don't call it what is really is -- a high-speed tollway, not a parkway -- is beyond me) at its meeting Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. I found the briefing fascinating for what it does not say -- I saw no mention of either levees or money in it, presented by, of all organizations, the North Texas Tollway Authority. The Q&A following the presentation could be interesting, especially if committee member Mitchell Rasansky continues in his ornery ways. He is emerging, after Angela Hunt, as the most outspoken council critic of what the City and other government agencies are attempting to do between the levees in the Trinity River. My money is still bet on "the dang thing will never be built."

No comments: