Search 2.0

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fine calls "Ghost Writer" No. 1 so far

Marshall Fine is calling Roman Polanski's The Ghost Writer the best film of the first half of the year. I have yet so see it, but I have read Ronert Harris's book and I was not that terribly impressed. Now that might have been because I read it right after completing Steig Larsson's The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (the film of which Fine has No. 2 on his list) and Harris's novel paled in comparison. But in a conversation I had with My Hero, who loaned me her copy of The Ghost Writer (while I gave her my copy of Dragon Tattoo), I gathered she had much the same reaction to Harris's book.

Of course I never cared for Mario Puzo's novel The Godfather either, although Francis Ford Coppola turned that piece of pup fiction into one of the greatest films ever made, so, until I see Ghost Writer, I'm willing to give both Polanski and Fine the benefit of the doubt.

Awards Daily,  meanwhile,  has Toy Story 3 No. 1, Dragon Tattoo sixth, and Ghost Writer seventh.

No comments: