Search 2.0

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

James Bond and the Dragon Tattoo

It appears that Daniel Craig has been signed to play journalist Mikael Blomkvist in the English-language versions of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and its two sequels. I like the choice although I am ambivalent about the five contenders for the pivotal role of Lisbeth Salander: Ellen Page, Mia Wasikowska (too wimpy for my tastes in Alice in Wonderland), along with four actresses I'm not that familiar with, Emily Browning (Sucker Punch), Sara Snook (Sleeping Beauty), Rooney Mara (The Social Network) and Sophie Lowe (Blame). The movie is scheduled to be released Dec. 21, 2011. It will be shot primarily in Sweden.

1 comment:

Ted McLaughlin said...

I finally got to see the Swedish movie of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo", and really liked it a lot. It was perfectly cast and brilliantly acted and directed (and it was very faithful to the book). Why does Hollywood feel it's necessary to remake a movie that was done right the first time?

I am now looking forward to seeing the other Swedish movies based on the second and third books in the trilogy. I don't have much interest in seeing the American remake though. Maybe I'll watch it when it comes to television, but I certainly won't waste my money at the box office.