Search 2.0

Monday, September 15, 2008

My Favorite Song About Dallas

It's hard to believe that those great anarchists of bluegrass, The Austin Lounge Lizards, have been around for more than 20 years. I realized that fact this morning when I came across this video which has the Lizards singing my favorite song about Dallas, appropriately called "Dallas, Texas" that was recorded in 1986. Of course, if you want something more recent, here's their classic "Old Blevins," (or at least part of it) recorded just last year.

The reason I bring all this up is because the Lizards are making one of their infrequent visits to the area during Texas-OU weekend, playing Saturday night, Oct. 11, at the Open Door Coffeehouse, located at Trinity United Methodist Church, 3321 West Park Row in Arlington. Go the Web site or call 817-429-2196 for reservations and additional information.

No comments: