Search 2.0

Friday, September 12, 2008

This just in from the Kinkster

A few days ago I wondered what Kinky Friedman was up and today I received the answer in the form of an e-mail inviting me to attend his $100-per-person fundraiser at his ranch in Medina, near Bandera, in the heart of the Texas Hill Country. The fundraiser is not for any new political campaign the former independent gubernatorial candidate plans to mount; it's for his Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch.

The program features a concert with Kinky and longtime sidemen Little Jewford and Washington Ratso; a dinner with Kinky at his Echo Hill Ranch; what the Kinkster calls "self-guided nature walks on Echo Hill Ranch," which means you are free to wander around the place after dinner; and "a surprise early birthday celebration for Kinky." I'm guessing this person is not going to be "a surprise guest,"but then who knows. If you want even more information about this, I would suggest you check this out.

No comments: