Search 2.0

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The 10 most useless college degrees

I’m not exactly sure what the Daily Beast is, but a lot of people take it seriously. It has come up with its list (and, as everyone who reads this journal knows, I’m a sucker for lists) of the 10 most useless college degrees. I wish the Beast had done a list like this 50 years ago — I probably would be a lot better off than I am today.

Here’s the list, in reverse order, of the worst college degrees based on, according to the Beast, which ones offer the fewest job opportunities as well as pay the least:

10. Nutrition
9. Chemistry
8. Mechanical Engineering Technology
7. Music
6. Child and Family Studies
5. Fashion Design
4. Advertising
3. Agriculture
2. Horticulture
and the No 1 most useless degree: Journalism.

Now the Beast can do us all a favor and give us the 10 best degrees.

2 comments:

Tesa said...

My useless degree is still giving me a source of income, and it's given me a wealth of knowledge I wouldn't have found in any other job, so I have to say I'm glad I got that useless degree. :)

Anonymous said...

Mechanical Engineering really, those degrees take years and usually they result in an amazing pay. Who ever wrote this list is a dingbat! There are plenty of successful journalists in our workforce and science degrees are usually backed up by a minor. Oh and what about the Philosophy degree? In opinion, wouldn't that be the most useless. The person who wrote this is a dingbat.