Search 2.0

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Nice job, D-Wayne

Lois Finkelman
I have not been all that kind to Mayor D-Wayne Carriedaway in this journal, but today I must tip my hat in his direction, I was watching the Dallas City Council being briefed today on gas drilling and the talk revolved around the establishment of a task force to study the issue. Council member Angela Hunt has been calling for such a study for months, but it wasn’t until colleague Dave Neumann, in whose district the majority of wells are proposed, joined her crusade that the whole idea gained traction.

At today’s briefing, the mayor said he had anticipated this whole task force business and that he was using his prerogative as mayor to name the chairman. I closed my eyes, gritted my teeth and prepared for the worst. Then Carriedaway shocked me by announcing the closest thing to a dead-solid perfect choice, former council member Lois Finkelman. Well done, Mr. Mayor.

No comments: