Search 2.0

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Little things that have been on my mind of late

  • If I never hear the word “ap” again it will be too soon.
  • The movie Your Highness features an Academy Award winner (Natalie Portman), an Oscar nominee (James Franco) and, judging from the TV trailers, might rank right up there with Freddy Got Fingered as one of the worst comedies of all times.
  • If the Mavs lose in the first round of the playoffs again, Rick Carlisle has got to go. Let’s see, Jerry Sloan is out there unemployed; so is Larry Brown.
  • I’m really leaning to “None of the Above” in the Dallas mayor’s race.
  • I don’t want to deal with a company that is going to provide me with a “solution” when it hasn’t even heard the problem.
  • The NCAA basketball championship game was a disaster of a game, featuring a pair of teams that had no right to be there in the first place. People are still arguing whether it was Connecticut’s defense or Butler’s ineptitude on offense that resulted in the Bulldogs’ 19 percent field goal percentage for the game. The answer is both: Connecticut’s defense kept Butler on the perimeter, from where they could not hit on open looks. What a mess!
  • Yes, I am excited about the Rangers’ 5-0 start.
  • How about dem Aggies? I am true University of Texas loyalist, but I always root for teams in our conference to do well once the Horns are out of the running. The two teams in the men’s championship game combined to score 94 points, while A&M and Notre Dame accounted for 146 in their title contest. The Aggies’ Danielle Adams scored more points in the second half than Butler did.
  • The proposed undergound pipeline designed to transport oil from the Alberta tar sands to Texas is an environmental disaster wating to happen and should be nipped in the bud immediately. Of course, what greedy oil companies are doing in the Alberta tar sands is an environmental disaster that has already happened.
  • Has anybody else had problems with TimeWarner's crappy internet service lately? When I can get on the internet, it won't give me access to my e-mail.

No comments: