Search 2.0

Friday, January 8, 2010

Poll confirms big 3 Oscar contenders

Right after the Director Guild announced its nominees, I wrote that three pictures -- Avatar, The Hurt Locker and Up in the Air would battle it out for best picture. My latest poll of Oscar voters onfirms that. Two things of interest in the poll: (1) Avatar received the most votes, replacing previous vote leader, Up in the Air, which fell to third; and (2) Nine dropped out of the Top 10 and was replaced by District 9.

A Serious Man finished 10th in the poll, although it would not surprise me in the least if the Coen Brothers' film was not one of the 10 finalists for the Best Picture Oscar. I'm thinking more and more that Star Trek has a chance to supplant it, even though it got no support in my latest polling. I'm going with a hunch here, not statistics.

No comments: