Search 2.0

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The No. 1 problem with government today

In my lifetime there have been those in government who I could consider leaders or statesmen, those who placed a priority on the well being of those that they governed more than their own re-election prospects. Today, it is sad to say, our government is controlled not by leaders or visionaries, but strictly by politicians. This is true regardless of party affiliation or whether we're talking about the national or the local level. I've evolved from a young ideologue into an old curmudgeon. I won't be around that much longer so I will escape the most drastic consequences of this development, but, still, I do have concerns about the future of the world in which my son and my granddaugher will try to survive.

No comments: