Search 2.0

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

This is good for a couple of chuckles



This video purports to show us what driving east along LBJ will be like sometime around 2016. I don't care how many "managed lanes" (and I failed to see any "managing" in the video) are built under the main thoroughfare, can anyone in their right minds ever imagine so few vehicles on LBJ at any time during daylight hours? OK, maybe around 8 a.m. on a Sunday, but that's about it. I will give these mad men credit for one thing, however. It seems they found the solution to drivers darting in and out of the HOV lanes at will. However, if you decide go get into the "Managed" lane at I-35E, it doesn't look like you have a chance of escaping it until somewhere around North Central.

And I can visualize the internal debate in the typical driver's mind as he approaches LBJ. "Let's see, I can either pay to drive on this road or drive on it for free. Which shall it be? Pay or free? Hmmmm."

Sure. Fine. Whatever.

No comments: