Search 2.0

Monday, October 20, 2008

Sarah's Saturday Night

I'll admit it! Following the Texas-Missouri football game, I was among the record number of viewers who turned to the local NBC affiliate to see Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin's appearance on "Saturday Night Live." Nothing much to say about it except I made the mistake of not changing the channel right after Ms. Palin's opening bit and suffered through guest host Josh Brolin looking uncomfortable during his opening monologue and an embarrassingly unfunny skit in which Brolin appeared as a man dining with friends at a Japanese restaurant where he was planning to propose to his girlfriend. I have maintained SNL has not been worth watching since the great John Belushi-Chevy Chase-Jane Curtain et al opening years and what I saw this past Saturday sure solidified those feelings. I've seen funnier funerals.

No comments: