Search 2.0

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Intriguing names coming to Broadway this season

Kristin Scott-Thomas is one of my favorite actors. She first came to my attention 14 or so years ago in the film "Four Weddings and a Funeral" and most recently I marveled again at her talents in the French film "Tell No One." Earlier this year she the Laurence Olivier award, considered the most prestigious award in British theater, for her peformance in Anton Chekov's "The Seagull." She will be bringing that performance to Broadway beginning Oct. 1, co-starring with another one of my favorite actors, Peter Sarsgaard, who first came to my attention in 1999 in "Boys Don't Cry" and who should have been nominated for an Oscar for his performance in "Shattered Glass."

The pairing of Scott-Thomas and Sarsgaard is to me the most attractive offering of the new Broadway season, but these two actors are not the only ones noted mostly for film work coming to Broadway this year. Katie Holmes will be making her Broadway debut, co-starring with John Lithgow, Dianne Wiest and Patrick Wilson in Arthur Miller's "All My Sons." Daniel Radcliffe will be exposing both his acting chops and his naked body in "Equus" (he received positive reviews for this performance in London).

No comments: