Search 2.0

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Things I learned in Brussels that I will bring back to Dallas (Part 1)

Dallas City Council member Angela Davis is Blogging from Brussels and it's going to be fun to read between the lines to see what ideas she's going to bring back to Dallas. For example, I have a feeling she likes the idea of having recycling carts out in public places and will suggest that the City of Dallas Sanitation Department introduce the same concept to downtown Dallas (without the accompany graffiti, of course). Then there is this entry:

"...six of us checked out the city's one-night-only arts festival, Nuit Blanche. It was very cool: streets closed off for concerts, art exhibitions, and musicians; museums open late; and lots of avant garde art pieces (like what looked like a giant, white bouncy house -- it took everything in me not to run up there and start jumping on it, but who wants to get arrested the first night in a foreign country?) I would love for us to do something like this in Dallas. ... This would be a great tradition for us to start in our city."

She's meeting with someone tomorrow (Monday in Belgium) to discuss homelessness and she finished off by saying "I really hope I get to meet with someone about their streetcar system here -- it's really expansive."

Can't wait to see the streetcar pictures.

No comments: